Sat, Mar 27|
Sicily Marsala Region Zoom Wine Dinner Event with Guest Speaker Gilda Ferro
The Perfect Social Distancing Wine Dinner Event
Time & Location
Mar 27, 2021, 7:00 PM
About the Event
March 27th: Saturday Night in Sicily
Ciao! We are virtually visiting the west coast of Sicily this evening in the Marsala region with Alcesti Winery. The winery owner Gianfranco Palladino and family are making a variety of wines from local grapes here, grown with certified organic farming and hand-harvesting in a region where a fantastic price-point that isn’t always the norm. They deliver fresh, Sicilian wines ready to drink at a great value price. Gilda Ferro, Wine Broker, Sommelier & Consultant to Alcesti Vineyards, will be joining us from her home in Palermo, Sicily. Accompanying Gilda is our Wine Sales Representative Jackie Cipriano, who transitioned into the wine industry after a career as an accomplished chef, and her husband is a Sommelier. It will be another great fun and informative evening with "Simpatico" friends, wonderful wines, food and conversation.
We have planned a menu of a variety of the typical foods of this Sicily region to pair with the 2 bottles of white wines and 2 bottles of red wines plus a bottle of Marsala for the evening to sip with dessert (and is in the Main Course). For this event, there will be courses prepared by our chef partners Giancarlo Tondin from Scossa and Chef Alfredo from Alfredo Osteria for you to plate or warm during the meal.
* Where: In your home with Zoom, You will prepare or warm and/or plate the 5 courses. We have partnered with Chef Giancarlo of Scossa Restaurant and with Alfredo of Osteria Alfredo to provide the foods as indicated below in the menu.
* When: 7:00 PM * Cost $175 including taxes, 4 bottles of the wines and Marsala & 4 courses made for 2 servings each (and you will have leftovers) plus dessert to wrap up the dinner.
* What: Fun, informative evening, learn about wines, foods, & culture of the Sicily Marsala region.
* Food & Prep: We will provide all the food courses, recipes, ingredients, and warming instructions, 4 bottles of wine, and Marsala for pickup at Simpatico on Saturday March 27th.
* We will provide the Zoom link on the evening of March 26th in an email.
Here is the menu for our Saturday in Sicily Wine and Food celebration:
- Note: Substitutions for Gluten Free, Allergies or Non-Meat Available – Just Ask 😊
Orange, Fennel and Black Olive Salad
Sicilia Chardonnay 2018
Eggplant Sicilian Style
Sicilia Grillo 2019
Pasta chi Vruoccoli Arriminati ***
Terre Siciliane Frappato (2018)
Scaloppine of Veal Marsala with Mushrooms, Garlic and Rosemary
Sicilia Narke dei Poeti 2016
Wrap Up Dolce*
Spumoni with Sweet Marsala
*** Prepared by Chef Giancarlo from Scossa, you will plate & warm up these courses during the dinner
*You will prepare these courses, recipes and preparation provided.
** Prepared by Chef Alfredo from Osteria Alfredo, you will plate/warm up these courses during the dinner
$175 all inclusive for 2 people (you will have “leftovers” of the pasta and wine😊)
Limited Packages available - reserve your package today 😊 Go to www.simpaticostmichaels.com under Events!
All Wines and Course ingredients are available for sale with a special discount and can be picked up at
Simpatico in St. Michaels, call Bobbi 610-209-5409 with any questions, Cin Cin!
Thank you for joining us and for your support of our love of “All Things Italian”
Virtual Sicily Wine Dinner
For 2 people: this purchase includes 4 bottles of wines and 4 courses plus dessert & Marsala for 2 people.$175.00Sold Out
Virtual Sicily Dinner Single
Includes 4 wines plus Marsala, 5 course meal for one person.$125.00Sold Out
This event is sold out