SOLD OUT Virtual Abruzzo Wine Dinner Event
Time & Location
About the Event
August 1st: Saturday Night in Abruzzo
Join us for a wonderful evening as we visit the beautiful Abruzzo region and enjoy typical foods of the region with a fantastic wine line from Podere Castorani, including their big red Reserve, a Tre Bicchiere Award winner! For this event, there will be less cooking for our attendees, as Chef Giancarlo from Scossa will prepare 3 of the 4 courses. Here are the details:
* Guest Speaker Gino Tranchero, Italian Family Estates Brand Manager, born and raised in Piedmont in a small township close to Barolo, joining us again for the evening from New York City to share with us 4 fantastic wines from the Podere Castorani Portfolio of wines from the Abruzzo region.
* Where: In your home with Zoom, You will prepare the pasta course, we have partnered again with Scossa Restaurant and Chef Giancarlo to provide the 1st, 2nd and 4th courses to heat during the dinner.
* When: 7:00 PM * Cost $175 including taxes, plus 4 bottles of the wines we are tasting & 4 courses made for 2 servings each (pasta course makes up to 4 servings so you will have enough for another meal later) plus Pizzelles to wrap up the dinner.
* What: Fun, informative evening, learn about wines, foods, & culture of the Abruzzo region.
* Food & Prep: We will provide all the 4 food courses, recipes and warming instructions and 4 bottles of wine for pickup at Simpatico on Saturday August 1.
* We will provide the Zoom link on July 31st in an email.
Here is the menu for our Saturday in Abruzzo Wine and Food celebration:
- Featuring 3 of 4 Courses from Scossa & Typical Recipes of Abruzzo
- Note: Substitutions for Gluten Free or Non-Meat Available – Just Ask 😊
Oliva Ascolana & Scamorza Crostino
Podere Castorani Cerasuolo d'Abruzzo Cadetto Rose 2019
Summer Beans & Greens
Podere Castorani - Amorino Superiore 2018
Organic, 100% Pecorino
Pasta Chitarra with Due Formaggi Pasta Sauce from Abruzzo
Podere Castorani - Cadetto 2016
Organic, 100% Montepulciano
Agnello Cacio e Ovo (Lamb with Cheese & Egg)
Podere Castorani - Montepulciano D'Abruzzo Riserva 2014
Organic, 90 Points JP, Tre Bicchiere Award Winner
Wrap Up Bite
Enjoy Pizzelles, Abruzzo’s favorite sweet treat to end the meal!
* Prepared by Chef Giancarlo from Scossa, you will just warm up these 3 courses during the dinner
**You will prepare this course, just cooking pasta & heating Abruzzo Sauce provided
$175 all inclusive
Limited Packages available - reserve your package today 😊
All Wines and Course ingredients are available for sale with a special discount and can be picked up at Simpatico in St. Michaels, call Bobbi 610-209-5409 with any questions, Cin Cin!
Thank you for joining us and for your support of our love of “All Things Italian”
- Sold OutVirtual Abruzzo Wine Dinner$175$1750$0