Virtual Sicily Wine Dinner Event
Time & Location
About the Event
August 15th: Saturday Night in Sicily
Join us for a wonderful evening as we visit Sicily, the biggest island in Italy and in the Mediterranean Sea, an amazing land rich in history and traditions, and fabulous wine and food! We will share with you wines from the iconic Sicilian producer Donnafugata, paired with foods of Sicily. Donnafugata specializes in the production of indigenous Sicilian varietals representing 4 major wine growing regions of the island. You will enjoy their prestigious, highly regarded wines with an introduction to varietals that are fun, and may be new and different to you, as we enjoy them throughout our evening. For this event, there will be less cooking for our attendees, as Chef Giancarlo from Scossa will prepare 3 of the 5 courses. Here are the details:
* Guest Speaker Alison Paige Sachs, Folio Brand Manager, Monsieur Touton Importer, former chef and restaurant owner, with an interesting insight for both the wine and food pairings. We have chosen 4 of Donnafugata's fantastic wines from their portfolio of 17 wines from Sicily.
* Where: In your home with Zoom, You will prepare the pasta course, we have partnered again with Scossa Restaurant and Chef Giancarlo to provide the 1st, 2nd and 4th courses. Dessert requires no cooking.
* When: 7:00 PM * Cost $185 including taxes, plus 4 bottles of wine and 2 mini Limoncellos, 4 courses made for 2 servings each (pasta course makes up to 4-5 servings so you will have enough for another meal later) plus an assortment of Italian cookies for dessert to wrap up the dinner.
* What: Fun, informative evening, learn about wines, foods, & culture of the Sicily region.
* Food & Prep: We will provide all the food courses, recipes and warming instructions and all wine and limoncello for pickup at Simpatico on Saturday August 15th.
* We will provide the Zoom link on August 14th in an email.
Arancini di Riso: Sicilian Rice Balls, typical Sicilian favorite starter
Donnafugata - Anthilia 2018, JS 92, VM 91
Seafood Salad Sicilian Style (Calamari, Shrimp, Clams)
Donnafugata - Sur Sur 2019
Pasta alla Norma, a Sicilian Classic
Donnafugata - Bell'Assai 2018 DOC
Braciole Sicilian Style (Beef with Prosciutto, Onion, Herbs, Cheese) with Grilled Zucchini
Donnafugata - Sedara 2018
Predominately Nero d'Avola with Cabernet, Merlot and Syrah
Wrap Up Dolce
Enjoy an assortment of Italian Cookies, along with Limoncello
* Prepared by Chef Giancarlo from Scossa, you will just warm up 2 of the 3 courses during the dinner
**You will prepare this course, simple recipe with eggplant, tomato, garlic and pasta, can be made ahead and warmed
$185 all inclusive for 2 people (you will have “leftovers” of the pasta and wine)
Go to www.simpaticostmichaels.com under Events to reserve your package!
Limited Packages available - reserve your package today 😊
All Wines and Course ingredients are available for sale with a special discount and can be picked up at
Simpatico in St. Michaels, call Bobbi 610-209-5409 with any questions, Cin Cin!
Thank you for joining us and for your support of our love of “All Things Italian”
- Virtual Sicily Wine Dinner$185$1850$0