Prep Time Overnight Soak, 10 mins prep Cook Time 1.5 hrs
· 8.8 oz dried Borlotti Beans - (Try our Borlotti Beans)
· 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil -(Try our EVOO from Lazio)
· 1 Onion chopped
· 2-3 Garlic Cloves choppped
· 1 Carrot chopped
· 2 Celery Stalks chopped
· 14 oz San Marzano Tomatoes with liquid (Try our Tomatoes)
· 1-2 tsp Herb & Salt (Try our Herb & Salt)
· 1-1.5 cups Kale or Spinach chopped
· 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano Cheese (Try our Pecorino Romano)
· 1 tsp coarsely ground black pepper, plus more for serving
In a large pot, cover the dried beans with 2 inches of water, cover and soak overnight.
After soaking, drain beans and return to pot. Add chopped garlic, onion, carrot, celery, tomatoes with liquid and Herb & Salt. Just cover the mixture with water.
Cover and cook the beans for 1 hour, stirring frequently. Add additional water as needed.
After 1 hour, add the Kale or Spinach and continue to cook for an additional 30 minutes.
Taste for seasoning and adjust as necessary, adding fresh ground pepper and salt.
Plate the beans, drizzle with EVOO and sprinkle with Pecorino Romano cheese and pepper.