Lemon Mascarpone Pasta
Serves 4 Prep Time: 10 min Cook Time: 15 min
12 oz Mancini penne pasta (Try our Penne)
4 oz Mascarpone cheese (Try our Mascarpone)
¼ cup white wine chardonnay or pinot grigio (Try our Chardonnay)
2 garlic cloves minced
zest of 1 lemon
½ cup shredded parmesan cheese (Try our Parmesan)
¼ teaspoon sea salt (Try our Sea Salt)
¼ teaspoon black pepper
½ cup reserved starchy pasta cooking water
1. Boil salted water and cook your pasta per package instructions. Don't forget to reserve some of the pasta water.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat add the white wine, garlic, and lemon zest. Let it simmer for about 2-3 minutes.
3. Add in the mascarpone cheese and stir while it melts into the wine.
4. Remove the pan from the heat and sprinkle in the parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Stir so the cheese melts into the sauce.
5. Toss with freshly cooked pasta. Taste for seasoning- salt and pepper.
6. Add a little reserved starchy pasta cooking water to thin the sauce as desired. It helps the sauce coat the pasta. Buon Appetito!