Prep Time 5 mins Cook Time 15-20 mins
· 2 cups Instant Polenta - (Try our Instant Polenta)
· 4 cups water
· 1 cup whole mild
· 4-5 sprigs of thyme
· 1/2 cup Mascarpone Cheese (Try our Mascarpone)
· 1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese (Try our Parmesan)
· 1 clove of garlic
· 1.5 tsp salt (Try our Sea Salt)
· Freshly ground black pepper
· 3 cups sliced mixed mushrooms
· 2 cloves minced garlic
· 1 tsp chopped thyme and rosemary
· 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive OIl -(Try our EVOO from Lazio)
· 2 tbsp unsalted butter -(Try our Delitia butter of Parma)
· 2 tbsp Aged Balsamic Vinegar (Try our 6 Year Aged Balsamic)
· 1 tbsp Flour
· 1/2 -3/4 cup chicken stock
· salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Put the milk, water and the whole garlic in a heavy saucepan and bring to a boil. When boiling take out the garlic clove (or if you want a stronger taste of garlic mince it and keep it in).
Add the thyme, 1 teaspoon of salt and black pepper. Add the polenta in slowly in a steady stream while constantly whisking so there are no lumps. Reduce the heat and cook for 3 minutes while constantly whisking.
Remove from the heat and add the mascarpone and parmesan and whisk well until smooth and creamy. If too thick add a little more mascarpone. Taste for salt.
Serve few spoonfuls per person with mushroom gravy on top and some Parmesan shavings.
Put the butter and the olive oil in heavy bottom pan. Melt the butter on high heat.
When the butter foams, add the mushrooms and some salt, thyme and rosemary. Saute on high heat for 10-15 minutes, until all the liquid evaporates and the mushrooms are browned.
Add the vinegar and pepper and let it reduce.
Add the flour and cook for about 30 seconds. Add the chicken stock and mix well until thickened. Remove from the heat and taste for salt. Serve over the polenta.