More from Puglia! Zoom Wine Dinner Event with Guest Speaker Marcello Palazzi
Time & Location
About the Event
Join us as we visit "The Other Puglia" on our Virtual Wine & Food Tour on Saturday February 27th, this time featuring wines from the family vineyards of Botromagno & of Cantele, both located inland in Puglia, in contrast to the wines from Puglia we have had in the past from the coastal areas. Each of the two vineyards we are featuring for this special dinner are unique with wonderful histories and results in their production of wines that we know you will enjoy, especially paired with a lineup of very typical Puglia foods that we have planned. The wines are imported by Winebow Imports, and we welcome back as our Guest Speaker Marcello Palazzi, Portfolio Specialist, originally from Naples, Italy. Marcello now resides in Naples, Florida, where he will be for our dinner on Zoom, and we will enjoy his lively exchange of interesting information about the wines, foods and culture of the region. As always with our speakers, we really learn a lot during our virtual "trips" and have a lot of fun!
We will enjoy a very typical Puglia dinner with 4 fabulous wines that Marcello has selected for us to enjoy paired with the courses. We will be plating the first two courses, with very little preparation, and the 3rd and 4th course and special Puglian dessert will be prepared by Chef Giancarlo of Scossa Restaurant.
Come join us as we immerse ourselves into the heel of the boot of Italy and learn about the wines, foods and culture of this unique and interesting region.
Here's our menu of the Pugliese paired courses paired with the wines we have selected:
Note: If you need a substitution for gluten free, vegetarian, or other allergy, we can accommodate, just let us know😊
As we gather, enjoy Taralli Wine Crackers with a taste of the first wine
Burrata Salad with Drizzled Basil EVOO & Arugula
- Botromagno Gravina 2018, DOC, Organic, Grape Varieties: Greco di Tufo, Greco Mascolino, Greco Feminino, Fiano
- Gravina Bianco is one of Italy's most ancient white wines & is only produced by this Winemaker
Friselle with Cherry Tomatoes, specialty of the Salento area of Puglia
- Cantele Rosato di Negroamaro del Salento IGT 2019, 100% Negroamaro, a grape variety native to southern Italy and is grown almost exclusively in Puglia
- Giovanni will show us the 2 ways to prepare Friselle, one of which we will be enjoying during this course
Third Course**Orecchiette Pulga Pasta (Small Ears) with Sausage and Broccoli Rabe**
Drizzle with Chili Pepper EVOO to your taste
Botromagno Primitivo Murgia 2019 (in contrast to the Primitivo from Manduria)
Panzerotti Pugliesi, a regional specialty from Puglia, Marcello says you must have this as part of the Pugliese experience!
- Cantele Amativo 2015 (90RP, 90WE), 60% Primitivo, 40% Negroamaro, a distinct imprint of earthiness from the Negroamaro and its rich fruit character from the Primitivo
Sporcamuss (Dirty Face) with Berries, a typical sweets recipe from Puglia with a small glass of the Primitivo
* You will plate or prepare these courses, recipes and preparation provided. ** Prepared by Chef Giancarlo of Scossa - You will warm up these courses during the dinner.
$185 all-inclusive for 2 people (you will have “leftovers” of the wine!), $145 for 1 person
Limited to 24 Packages available - reserve your package today! Go to www.simpaticostmichaels.com under Events!
Call Bobbi 610-209-5409 with any questions.
Cin Cin! Thank you for joining us and for your support of our love of “All Things Italian”!
- Simpatico Zoom Italian Dinner$185$1850$0
- Simpatico Zoom Italian Dinner$145$1450$0