SOLD OUT Virtual Piedmont 2 Wine Dinner Event: Truffle Festival!
Time & Location
About the Event
October 10th Truffle Festival Celebration: Saturday in Piedmont Wine & Truffle Dinner
Ciao! Yay, with fall comes White Truffle Harvest and the International Alba White Truffle Faire in Alba, Piedmont, and the Faire starts in Alba on October 10th! So we thought it would be fun and appropriate to plan a wine dinner all about truffles in every course paired with the wines from Rocca Giovanni Vineyards that we did not taste in the other Piedmont dinner. Piedmont is home to the king of reds in that region, Barolo, and Rocca Giovanni has a fabulous additional Barolo we will be enjoying along with other wines for the region.
Join us as we welcome back Guest Speaker Gino Tranchero, Italian Family Estates Brand Manager, Monsieur Touton Imports, who has co-hosted many dinners with us. Gino is from a small town outside of Barolo, and he will share with us firsthand knowledge of the wines, foods and culture of the region. He has also arranged for a special treat for our dessert, flown here just for our dinner! So if you love truffles and love to enjoy truffle based foods paired with a fabulous lineup of 4 Piemontese wines, reserve your package today!
For this event, there will be a course prepared by our chef partner Giancarlo from Scossa Restaurant in Easton, and the best beef filets we have ever eaten are being provided by Alfredo from Osteria Alfredo as in previous dinners with filet, you will plate/prepare the easy courses with our recipes and/or plating guidelines. Non-Meat alternatives can be accommodated upon request.
Here are the details:
* Guest Speaker Gino Tranchero, Italian Family Estates Brand Manager, Monsieur Touton Imports, with Rocca Giovanni wines, our featured vineyard for this dinner.
* Where: In your home with Zoom, You will prepare or warm and/or plate the 5 courses, including cooking the pasta, as indicated below in the menu.
* When: 7:00 PM to 9 PM
* Cost for 2 People: $175 including taxes, 4 bottles of the wines & 4 courses made for 2 servings each (and you will have leftovers of pasta and wine for sure) plus the special dessert flown in from Alba.
* Cost for 1 person: $135 including taxes for 1 person, 4 bottles of the wines & 4 courses for 1 serving each (and you will have leftovers of the pasta and wine also) plus the special dessert flown in from Alba.
* What: Fun, informative evening, learn about wines, foods, & culture of the Piedmont region, focusing on Truffles!
* Food & Prep: We will provide all the food courses, recipes, ingredients, warming instructions, and 4 bottles of wine for pickup at Simpatico on Saturday October 10th.
* We will provide the Zoom link on the evening of October 9th in an email.
Here is the menu for our Truffle Celebration in Piedmont:
- Note: Substitutions can be requested, including for Gluten Free, Allergies or Non-Meat – Just Ask 😊
Crostini with Truffle, Hazelnut & Parmesan Spread and with Mushroom Truffle Spread
Conti Speroni Gavi di Gavi
Fonduta with Truffle: a classic Fontina Piemontese Fondue dish with Grissini
Pianromualdo 2018 Barbera d' Alba
Taglietelle Egg Truffle Pasta with Truffle Butter and Grated Parmigiano**
Most common way to enjoy truffles and pasta in Piedmont!
Giaculin 2017 Nebbiolo d' Alba, WS 90 Pts
Beef Filet with White Truffle Oil and Truffle Salt
Insalata Mista (Mixed Greens Salad) with EVOO & Truffle Balsamic
Barolo DOCG 2015, WE 90 Pts, WS 91 Pts
(this is another Barolo different and just as spectacular as the Barolo in our 1st Piedmont dinner)
Wrap Up Dolce
Gino has arranged for Pasticceria Caffe Giampaolo in Alba, Piedmont, to send us special
Truffles Chocolate and Albesi al Barolo for our Dessert to enjoy with a few more sips of Barolo
** Prepared by Chef Giancarlo of Scossa, you will warm and plate this course during the dinner
* You will plate or prepare these courses, recipes and preparation provided.
$175 all-inclusive for 2 people (you will have “leftovers” of the pasta and wine😊)
Limited Packages available - reserve your package today 😊 Go to www.simpaticostmichaels.com under Events!
All Wines and Course ingredients are available for sale with a special discount and can be picked up at
Simpatico in St. Michaels, call Bobbi 610-209-5409 with any questions, Cin Cin!
Thank you for joining us and for your support of our love of “All Things Italian”
- Sold OutSimpatico Zoom Piedmont Dinner$175$1750$0
- Sold OutSimpatico Zoom Piedmont Dinner$135$1350$0