Sat, Aug 29|
SOLD OUT Virtual Tuscany Wine Dinner Event: Exploring More Tuscan Gems
The Perfect Social Distancing Wine Dinner Event
Time & Location
Aug 29, 2020, 7:00 PM
About the Event
August 29th: Saturday Night in Tuscany
Join us for a wonderful evening as we return to Tuscany to enjoy another wonderful line of wines, including the king of Tuscan reds, Brunello. We have planned a pairing menu of typical foods of the region with a delightful white wine from Cavaliere and incredible reds from Fattoria La Lecciaia. For this event, there will be courses prepared by our chef partners Giancarlo Tondin from Scossa and Chef Alfredo from Alfredo Osteria, and you will prepare the balance of the meal with simple recipes. Here are the details:
* Guest Speaker Gino Tranchero, Italian Family Estates Brand Manager for Monsieur Touton Importer, born and raised in Piedmont in a small township close to Barolo, joins us again for the evening from New York City to share with us the 4 fantastic wines we have chosen, paired with an equally fantastic menu. You will be transported to Tuscany for the evening!
* Where: In your home with Zoom, You will plate the 1st and 2nd courses, cook the pici pasta and the beef filet based on simple Tuscan recipes we provide. We have partnered with Chef Giancarlo of Scossa Restaurant and with Alfredo of Osteria Alfredo to provide the 1st & 2nd courses and the Wild Boar sauce for the 3rd course to plate or heat during the dinner.
* When: 7:00 PM * Cost $165 including taxes, plus 4 bottles of the wines & 4 courses made for 2 servings each (pasta course makes up to 6 servings so you will have enough for another meal later) plus dessert and limoncello to wrap up the dinner.
* What: Fun, informative evening, learn about wines, foods, & culture of the Tuscany region.
* Food & Prep: We will provide all the food courses, recipes, ingredients, and warming instructions, 4 bottles of wine and limoncello for pickup at Simpatico on Saturday August 29th.
* We will provide the Zoom link on the evening of August 28th in an email.
Here is the menu for our Saturday in Tuscany Wine and Food celebration:
- Note: Substitutions for Gluten Free, Allergies or Non-Meat Available – Just Ask 😊
Typical Tuscan Crostini Misti
Cavaliere - Vernaccia Di San Gimignano 2019, from the famous town with towers, near Siena
The first Italian wine to receive the Denominazione di Origine Controllata (DOC)
Bresaola Parmesan Salad (Cured beef, Arugula, Parmesan), one of my favorite Italian salads!
La Lecciaia - Rosso Di Montalcino 2016, JS 91 Pts
Pici alla Cingiale (Wild Boar Sauce) Classic for Tuscany
La Lecciaia - Sant' Antimo 2015, JS 91 Pts, Super Tuscan
Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Sangiovese
Filet Grilled Tuscan Style
La Lecciaia - Brunello Di Montalcino 2015, JS 94 Pts, VM 92 Pts
Wrap Up Dolce*
Simpatico Tuscan Orange Olive Oil Cake with Limoncello
* Prepared by Chef Giancarlo from Scossa & Chef Alfredo, you will just plate & warm up these courses during the dinner
**You will prepare the pasta for the provided sauce, and the simple Tuscan preparation of the Filet for the main course.
$165 all inclusive for 2 people (you will have “leftovers” of the pasta and wine😊)
Limited Packages available - reserve your package today 😊 Go to www.simpaticostmichaels.com under Events to reserve!
All Wines and Course ingredients are available for sale with a special discount for dinner attendees and can be picked up at
Simpatico in St. Michaels, call Bobbi 610-209-5409 with any questions, Cin Cin!
Thank you for joining us and for your support of our love of “All Things Italian”
Virtual Tuscany Wine Dinner
For 2 people: this purchase includes 4 bottles of wines and 4 courses plus dessert & Limoncello for 2 people.$165.00Sold Out
This event is sold out