Virtual Campania Wine Dinner Event: The "Happy Countryside"
Time & Location
About the Event
September 12th: Saturday Night in Campania
Ciao! We are virtually visiting the diverse region of Campania for a wonderful evening as we explore the wonderful variety of wines and foods, including wines you may have never tasted before. Join us, with Guest Speaker Emanuele Gaiarin, Chief Executive Officer, Siema Wines, for another fun evening of wonderful wines, food and conversation.
We have planned a menu of a variety of the typical foods of the Campania region to pair with the 2 white wines and 2 red wines from The Wine Farm "Colline del Sole". For this event, there will be courses prepared by our chef partners Giancarlo Tondin from Scossa and Chef Alfredo from Alfredo Osteria, and you will prepare the balance of the meal with simple recipes.
Here are the details:
* Guest Speaker Emanuele Gaiarin, Chief Executive Officer, Siema Wines. Emanuele can say he's been "in the wine business" since he was about six years old since he grew up in Italy surrounded by and learning from his 12 uncles - all "winemakers", toiling away on their craft in their garages and basements. Accompanying Emanuele is our Wine Sales Representative Jackie Cipriano, who transitioned into the wine industry after a career as an accomplished chef, and her husband is a Sommelier. Food and wine pairings are a specialty, and she will be talking abvout the pairings we have chosen together along with Emanuale.
* Where: In your home with Zoom, You will prepare or warm and/or plate the 5 courses, including cooking the pasta. We have partnered with Chef Giancarlo of Scossa Restaurant and with Alfredo of Osteria Alfredo to provide the foods as indicated below in the menu.
* When: 7:00 PM * Cost $165 including taxes, 4 bottles of the wines & 4 courses made for 2 servings each (and you will have leftovers) plus dessert and limoncello to wrap up the dinner.
* What: Fun, informative evening, learn about wines, foods, & culture of the Campania region.
* Food & Prep: We will provide all the food courses, recipes, ingredients, and warming instructions, 4 bottles of wine and limoncello for pickup at Simpatico on Saturday September 12th.
* We will provide the Zoom link on the evening of September 11th in an email.
Here is the menu for our Saturday in Campania Wine and Food celebration:
- Note: Substitutions for Gluten Free, Allergies or Non-Meat Available – Just Ask 😊
Cheese Polenta al Parmigiano
Colline del Sole, Fiano di Avellino (2015)
Shrimp with Amalfi Lemon Sauce over Sautéed Spinach
Colline del Sole, Greco di Tufo (2017)
Spaghetti a' la Puttanesca a' la Campania Style***
Combining almost all the tasty staples of the Southern Italian Kitchen
Colline del Sole, Irpinia Aglianico (2016)
Agnello Ubriaco (Drunken Lamb)
Colline del Sole, Taurasi (2015)
Wrap Up Dolce*
Italian Ricotta Cheesecake with Limoncello
* Prepared by Chef Giancarlo from Scossa, you will plate & warm up these courses during the dinner
**You will prepare these courses, recipes and preparation provided.
*** Prepared by Chef Giancarlo from Scossa, you will plate & warm up these courses during the dinner
$165 all inclusive for 2 people (you will have “leftovers” of the pasta and wine😊)
Limited Packages available - reserve your package today 😊 Go to www.simpaticostmichaels.com under Events!
All Wines and Course ingredients are available for sale with a special discount and can be picked up at
Simpatico in St. Michaels, call Bobbi 610-209-5409 with any questions, Cin Cin!
Thank you for joining us and for your support of our love of “All Things Italian”
- Virtual Campania Wine Dinner$165$1650$0