Sat, Jul 18|
Virtual Veneto Wine Dinner Event
The Perfect Social Distancing Wine Dinner Event
Time & Location
Jul 18, 2020, 7:00 PM
About the Event
July 18th: Saturday Night in Veneto
Join us for a wonderful evening as we visit the Veneto region and enjoy typical foods of the region with a fantastic wine line from Zeni. Some of you may have enjoyed Zeni wines from the shop as we have carried their wines for years. Here are the details:
* Guest Speaker Gino Tranchero, Italian Family Estates Brand Manager, born and raised in Piedmont in a small township close to Barolo, joining us for the evening from New York City to share with us 4 fantastic wines from the Zeni Portfolio of wines from the Veneto region, including Amarone, the big red of the area.
* Where: In your home with Zoom, we will be preparing the first 3 easy courses, and have partnered again with Scossa Restaurant and Chef Giancarlo to provide the main course to heat during the dinner.
* When: 7:00 PM * Cost $169 including taxes, starter glass of Prosecco plus 4 bottles of the wines we are tasting & 4 courses made for 2 servings each plus a Chocolate Bite to wrap up the dinner.
* What: Fun, informative evening, learn about wines, foods, & culture of the Veneto region.
* Food & Prep: We will provide all the 4 food courses, recipes and warming instructions and prosecco and 4 bottles of wine for pickup at Simpatico on Saturday July 18th.
* We will provide the Zoom link on July 17th in an email.
Here is the menu for our Veneto wine and food celebration:
Saturday in Veneto Wine Dinner
Featuring Recipes from Harry’s Bar, Venice & Others
Welcome Brindisi (Toast)
Villa Jolanda Prosecco, classic starter to Dinner in the Veneto Region
(and Breakfast too in some places 😊)
First Course (You will plate this course)
Prosciutto with Melone, classic pairing to enjoy
Bardolino Chiaretto Classico Vignealte (2019), made on the eastern shore of Lake Garda
Same blend as Amarone, 70% Corvina, 30% Rondinella
Second Course (you will prepare this simple recipe, we provide all ingredients, can be made right before the dinner starts)
Warm Scallop Salad (from Harry’s Bar Cookbook)
Lugana Vignealte (2019), made on the southern shore of Lake Garda
Third Course (you will prepare this simple recipe in advance, we provide all the ingredients, and you will warm during the meal)
Pasta with Radicchio & Speck, Venetian style
Costalago Rosso Veronese (2018), grapes from Valpolicello region & from Lake Garda
Corvina 70%, Merlot & Cabernet 30% (Superveneto)
Pollo alla Veneta – Drunk Chicken (prepared by Chef Giancarlo from Scossa, you will warm up this course during the dinner)
Zeni Amarone della Valpolicella Classico (2016), classic Amarone blend
Wrap Up Bite
Enjoy a taste of 70% chocolate with a taste of the Amarone for a delightful combination to end the meal!
$169 All Inclusive
All Wines and Course ingredients are available for sale with a special discount for any orders placed after the dinner until July 23rd, and can be picked up at Simpatico in St. Michaels, call Bobbi 610-209-5409 with any questions.
Limited Tickets available, call or text Bobbi with any questions on 610-209-5409 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for joining us and for your support of our love of “All Things Italian”
Virtual Piedmont Wine Dinner
This purchase includes the glass of Prosecco, 4 bottles of wines and 4 courses plus chocolate bites for the evening for 2 people.