Balsamic Pasta with Sauce of Baby Portabello Mushrooms and Semi-Dried Tomatoes
Prep Time 5 mins Cook Time 12 mins
· 8.8 oz Pasta Balsamico - (Try our Tonnarelli Pasta Balsamico)
· 6.5 oz Semi-Dried Tomatoes, chopped, Reserve The Oil! - (Try our Castellino Semi-Dried Tomatoes)
· 8 oz Baby Portabello Mushrooms, sliced
· Half an Onion, diced
· 2 cloves Garlic, diced
· 2 oz Grated cheese - (Try our Parmigiano Reggiano)
· Aged Balsamic Vinegar -(Try our 6 Year Aged Balsamic)
· salt to taste (Try our Sardinian Sea Salt)
· black pepper to taste
In a large stock pot, boil at least a gallon of water for pasta.
In a large saucepan heat 3-4 tablespoons of the oil from the Semi-Dried Tomatoes over medium heat. Add diced onions & garlic and sauté until translucent.
While onions are sautéing, add salt to boiling water and cook pasta balsamico for 10-12 minutes, until tender.
Add sliced mushrooms to saucepan and stir frequently until tender then add semi-dried tomatoes and simmer.
Add pasta to mushroom mixture with a bit of pasta water and stir until combined adding salt and pepper to taste.
Plate pasta, top with a sprinkle of Parmesan and a healthy drizzle of Balsamic Vineagar! Delicious with our Sansonina Merlot 2017!