Prep Time 5 mins Cook Time 15-20 mins
· 2 cups Instant Polenta - (Try our Instant Polenta)
· 4 cups water
· 1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese (Try our Parmesan)
· 1 clove of garlic
· 1.5 tsp salt (Try our Sea Salt)
· Freshly ground black pepper
· 3 cups sliced mixed mushrooms
· 1 pkg Dried Porcini Mushrooms (Try our Porcini Mushrooms)
· 2 cloves minced garlic
· 1/4 tsp chili pepper flakes (Try our Calabrian Crushed Peppers)
· 1 tbsp chopped parsley
· 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive OIl -(Try our EVOO from Lazio)
· 1/2 -3/4 cup chicken stock
· salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Put the water and the whole garlic in a heavy saucepan and bring to a boil. When boiling take out the garlic clove (or if you want a stronger taste of garlic mince it and keep it in).
Add 1 teaspoon of salt and black pepper. Add the polenta in slowly in a steady stream while constantly whisking so there are no lumps. Reduce the heat and cook for 3 minutes while constantly whisking.
Remove from the heat and add the parmesan and whisk well until smooth and creamy. Taste for salt.
Serve few spoonfulls per person with mushrooms on top and some Parmesan shavings.
In a small saucepan, add the dried porcini mushrooms and 1 cup water and boil for a few minutes until mushrooms are softened. Set aside.
Put the olive oil in heavy bottom pan and heat until shimmering.
Add the garlic, pepper flakes, sliced fresh mushrooms and some salt. Saute on high heat for 10-15 minutes, until all the liquid evaporates and the mushrooms are browned.
Add the white wine, reconstituted porcinis with liquid and allow to reduce.
Remove from the heat and taste for salt. Serve over the polenta and sprinkle with chopped parsley.