An Instant Pot Recipe!
Prep Time Overnight Soak, 15 mins prep Cook Time 40 mins
· 1 quart Water
· 12 oz dried Chickpeas - (Try our Chickpeas)
· 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil -(Try our EVOO from Lazio)
· 1 Onion chopped
· 2 Medium Carrots peeled & chopped
· 14 oz San Marzano Tomatoes with liquid (Try our Tomatoes)
· 4 cups Chicken Stock
· 1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese (Try our Parmesan)
· 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
· 4 tablespoons Basil Pesto (Try our Basil Pesto)
· 4 servings Two Cheese Polenta (Try our Two Cheese Polenta)
In a large bowl, dissolve 1 tablespoon of salt in the water. Add the chickpeas and soak at room temperature overnight. Drain and rinse.
Select Sauté on the Instant Pot and adjust to high heat. Add the olive oil and heat until it shimmers. Add the onion and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Cook, stirring frequently, until the onion pieces separate and soften, 2 to 3 minutes.
Add the drained chickpeas, carrots, tomatoes with their juice, stock, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon of salt and lock the lid into place.
Select Manual and adjust the pressure to High and the time to 10 minutes. After cooking, naturally release the pressure for 10 minutes, then quick release any remaining pressure. Unlock and remove the lid.
Prepare the Two Cheese Polenta according to package directions.
Divide the polenta among 4 bowls, spoon the chickpea stew onto the polenta and top each with a tablespoon of pesto. Sprinkle with the cheese and serve.