Lombardy Wine Dinner Recipes
First Course – Baguette Sliced for Crostini with Coppa and Taleggio Cheese with La Novella Alpi Retiche IGT 2019
Preparation: Slice baguette into 1/4 inch slices and toast. Plate with the Taleggio and the Coppa.
Second Course – Endive, Apples and Walnuts with Satiro Rosso di Valtellina DOC 2018
Preparation: Chop the Endive into a bowl and add sliced or cubed apple and walnuts. Pour the EVOO and the White Balsamic over the mix with salt and pepper to taste, toss and plate.
Third Course – Pizzoccheri Pasta with Swiss Chard, Potato and Parmigiano with Belviso 1380 Valgella DOCG Nebbiolo 2018
Preparation: Pizzoccheri alla Valtellinese – prep is for 2 servings – adjust as needed for 4 or 6.
1. All ingredients cook in one pot, and will be finished in last step in an oven safe, butter coated casserole dish in the oven preheated at 400ºF.
2. Cube about half the fontina cheese into 1/2 inch cubes (or all of it for 4 or 6 people). Peel and cube the Potato(es) in about 1/2 inch cubes. Wash the Chard leaves and cut into strips. Chop 1-2 cloves of garlic.
3. Heat up the butter and oil over medium heat, then add the garlic and sage leaves and saute until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes, set aside.
4. Bring a large pot of water to the boil, add salt, then add the potatoes. Cook for 5 minutes, then add the chard strips and the pasta. Cook for 10 more minutes, or until the potatoes and chard are cooked and the pizzoccheri pasta is al dente.
5. Drain the potatoes, pasta and chard and then place the mixture into the baking dish. Mix the garlic/butter mixture and the Fontina cubes into the pasta and test for salt and pepper then sprinkle the grated cheese over the top. NOTE: Set aside and then finish this dish in oven at the end of the 2nd course.
6. Place the casserole dish in the oven and bake for about 10 minutes, or until you see that the cheese on top has nicely melted.
7. Remove the dish from the oven and toss all together in the baking dish and serve.
Fourth Course – Duck Breast al Balsamico and Polenta with Sforzato di Valtellina DOCG 2015
Salt and pepper to taste
2 cloves of whole garlic