Prep Time 5 mins Cook Time 15-20 mins
· 12 oz Spaghetti Pasta, broken in half - (Try our Mancini Chitarra)
· 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive OIl -(Try our EVOO from Lazio)
· 2 tsp lemon juice
· 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano Cheese, plus more for serving (Try our Pecorino Romano)
· 1 tbsp unsalted butter -(Try our Delitia butter of Parma)
· 1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese (Try our Parmesan)
· 2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper, plus more for serving
In a large pot, place the spaghetti, olive oil, 1 teaspoon of salt and 5 1/2 cups of water together.
Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, continuing to cook stirring the spaghetti frequently to keep it from clumping until al dente, about 8 minutes.
Remove pot from heat and stir in the lemon juice and gradually sprinkle in the Pecorino cheese, stirring until melted, then add butter.
Sprinkle in the Parmesan, pepper and 1/2 teaspoon of salt and stir the clumps until melted and smooth about 4 minutes.
Plate pasta with sauce, sprinkle with additional Pecorino and pepper.