Prep Time 5 mins Cook Time 15-20 mins
· 2 Cheese Polenta
· 1.5 L Water
· 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
· 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
· 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper, plus more to taste
· 1/2 cup dry white wine
· 3/4 cup lower-sodium chicken stock
· 2 pounds peeled and deveined raw large wild-caught Gulf shrimp
· 2 teaspoons lemon zest
· 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
· 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
· 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Bring water to a boil in kettle. Pour 1/4 of water into mixing bowl. Gradually add polenta mix while whisking.
Alternate between adding water and polenta mix until desired consistency is reached (more water for creamier polenta).
Add salt to taste.
Cover and keep warm.
Heat oil, garlic, and red pepper in a large, deep skillet over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and fragrant, about 3 minutes.
Add wine, and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
Add stock, and return to a simmer; simmer 3 minutes.
Add shrimp, lemon zest, and salt. Cook, stirring often, until shrimp are slightly opaque, about 4 minutes.
Stir in butter until melted. Remove from heat. Cover and steam until shrimp until just cooked through, about 2 minutes.
Divide polenta among warm shallow bowls; top each with shrimp and sauce. Garnish with parsley, and serve immediately.